On June 17, 2006 local calls within 519 will require 10 digit dialing. If you dial only 7 digits, you will hear a recorded message reminding you to dial all 10 digits, before your call is connected. This message may disrupt data transmission in certain cases (Internet, paging, fax machines, etc.).
As of October 14, 2006 – 10-digit local dialing is mandatory. The new 226 area code will be gradually introduced once all numbers in 519 have been completely exhausted.
Reprogram your functions and equipment starting now. Add the area code to all your numbers:
- Speed-dial lists
- Telephone options and functions (e.g. call forwarding)
- Fax machines
- Modems and Internet connections
- Paging computer programs (ie. Alphapage)
- Cellular phones and other wireless devices
- Security systems
- Elevator phones
- Private branch exchanges and voice messaging
- Auto-dial systems
- Databases (employees, partners, suppliers, customers, etc.)
All adjustments should be made before the recorded announcement is introduced, i.e. before June 17, 2006, since the announcement may disrupt data transmissions.
Contact us for more information, or visit – http://www.dial10.ca